Stuffed Omelette is very popular in United States where people have this item for a heavy breakfast and even lunch/dinner. In USA, the omelette is actually always stuffed with various optional components like pepper, chicken, tomato, mushroom, beef, bacon, cheese and what not. Chicken Stuffed Omelette Recipe that I am going to tell you here is an Indian version of the (more) delicious stuffed omelette. The preparation is not that difficult and is ideal when you are bored with usual omelette and want to experiment a bit.
- 200gm minced chicken (keema)
- 1 small size finely chopped onion
- 1 small size finely chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoon of very finely chopped capsicum (green pepper)
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- 3 egg
- 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 teaspoon of milk
Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 30 min
How to make Chicken Stuffed Omelette
1. Take a non-stick frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil add 1 small size chopped onion, 2 teaspoons of finely chopped green pepper (capsicum), 1 clove of garlic finely chopped and fry for 5 mins until the onion become soft.
2. Put 200gm minced chicken (properly washed and drained excess water off) into the pan (step 1) fry for about 10 mins until it becomes lightly brown in color and fully tender.
3. Now add finely chopped tomato and stir for a few minutes. Then add 1 tablespoon soya sauce, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1 tablespoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon red chili powder and salt to taste into the pan (step 1) and fry for another few mins. Put the stuffing aside.
4. To make the omelette, break 3 egg into the bowl beat it with 1/4 teaspoon soya sauce and salt to taste. Add 2 teaspoon of milk to make the omelette soft and fluffy.
5. Take the same non-stick pan heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil put the omelette mixture (step 4) into the pan and make a omelette in medium low flame. Cook both sides till it become brown in color.
6. Put the stuffing in one side of the omelette and fold it in semi circle form and cut it in two equal parts from the middle.
Chicken Stuffed Omelette is ready to serve hot for lunch/dinner with rice or chappati.
To view larger recipe photos, accompanying side dishes and discussions, visit Chicken Stuffed Omelette on Best of Kanchan’s blog.