Welcome to the Gourmet Chicken Recipe Series. Today is the best Central Asian Chicken Dish ever created and one of the best dishes to be centerpiece of your next dinner party…..
2 tsp. peanut oil, 1/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. sugar, 2 tsp. cornstarch, 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 tsp. minced garlic, 2 tsp. freshly ground chillies, 1/2 tsp. finely chopped onions, 2 tsp. cold water, 2 tsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. peanut oil, 1 tbsp. shaoxing rice wine or dry sherry, 1/3 cup chicken broth, 1 tsp. dark soy sauce, 4 dried Chinese mushrooms, 1/2 small red bell pepper cut 1-inch triangles, 3 spring onions mainly white cut into 2″ lengths, 1/2 tsp. cornstarch, 2 tsp. cold water for thickening, 1 tsp. sesame oil, 2 tsp. ground bean sauce (mo si jeung), 10 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut on diagonal into 1/4″ thick by 2″ long slices, 4 Chinese dried mushrooms (soaked in warm water for 45 minutes, rinsed, water squeezed out, stems discarded, caps halved)
1. Mix the marinade ingredients together and marinate the chicken while you prepare all of the other ingredients for cooking.
2. Mix together the garlic, chilis, and onion. Combine the ground bean sauce, water, and sugar.
3. Heat a wok, add the groundnut oil, and swirl the surface with oil.
4. Stir-fry the garlic mixture for 5 seconds.
5. Add the ground bean sauce mixture and stir-fry for 5 seconds.
6. Add the rice wine and combine. Pour in the broth then the dark soy sauce and stir to combine.
7. Add the chicken, mushrooms, bell peppers, and scallions.
8. Stir-fry over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, reduce the heat a little, and stir in the thickening mixture for a few seconds.
9. Finally, add the sesame oil, which will impart a beautiful fragrance and richness to the dish.
serve hot over rice